Thank you for being part of our members-only community, AES Connect. AES Connect is a place for members to solicit the advice of their peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation about everything epilepsy. To ensure the best possible experience for everyone, we have rules and guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to share information that is appropriate to the community.
To preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules at any time.
Rules for Participation
- Messages that promote programs, products, and services are prohibited. Any promotional or commercial content, as determined by the community manager, will be deleted. Please see section, “How to Share,” on how you may appropriately promote information to the AES community.
- Defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are prohibited.
- Messages should add value to the discussion and community. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information is available for all members to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- You may not use Connect to promote viewpoints that conflict with the society’s positions and guidelines.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted. Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
How to Share Information with the Community
As stated above, promotional content is not allowed. However, we provide our members with approved ways to reach the community.
Job opportunities: AES has a board for job openings and for job seekers at http://careers.aesnet.org/. The board is free for job seekers; there is a fee to post a job. Job announcements are not permitted in AES Connect and will be removed if posted.
Fellowships: Please visit http://careers.aesnet.org/ to post fellowship announcements for a reduced fee. Fellowship announcements are not permitted in AES Connect and will be removed if posted.
Surveys: If you have a survey you would like distributed to AES members, please fill out this form (https://amerepilepsy.formstack.com/forms/survey_form). The Membership Committee will review your request. If approved, your survey will be distributed in an email newsletter to members.
Epilepsy-related events or programs: If you would like to let members know about epilepsy-related events and programs that are not organized by AES, please contact the Education Department at email@example.com. If your request is approved, your program or event may be listed on the AES website and included in email newsletters.
All others: You may purchase a mailing list of AES members. Nonprofit organizations pay a reduced fee. Click here to find out more.
- Upload a headshot to your profile and include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State the topic of your comments clearly in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “Remove me from the list.” Instead, use the web interface to change your settings, update your email address, or to remove yourself from a discussion.
If you need assistance, please contact AES member services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 883-3800, Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM CT.
This community is provided as a service for the members of the American Epilepsy Society (AES). The American Epilepsy Society is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by AES or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall American Epilepsy Society be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants American Epilepsy Society and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
American Epilepsy Society does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of American Epilepsy Society, the appropriate action will be taken.
American Epilepsy Society reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.