AES Connect Rules & Etiquette
Thank you for being part of our members-only community. To ensure the best possible experience for all participants, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. AES Connect is intended to be a place for members to solicit the advice of their peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation about everything epilepsy. Questions should be directed to our Member Services department via the “Contact Us” link in the upper right-hand corner of this page.
In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules at any time.
- Commercial messages or posts are prohibited. Any content that is considered by the community manager as promotional in nature will be removed.
- The promotion of non-AES events is prohibited. Contact AES staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to request details on promoting non-AES events.
- AES maintains a full service job board for posting of open positions and for job seekers. Job announcements, including fellowship announcements, are not permitted in AES Connect and will be removed if posted.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted in discussions and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Upload a headshot to your profile and include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State the topic of your comments clearly in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
The Legal Stuff
This community is provided as a service for the members of the American Epilepsy Society (AES). The American Epilepsy Society is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by AES or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall American Epilepsy Society be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants American Epilepsy Society and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
American Epilepsy Society does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of American Epilepsy Society, the appropriate action will be taken.
American Epilepsy Society reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.